Elk County Community Foundation (ECCF) announces that applications for local scholarships are available to area students. The Foundation has 32 scholarships programs that will distribute over $61,000 in scholarship funds this upcoming season. Each scholarship is unique in their field of study, eligibility and community it serves.
The following is the list of scholarship available to all students through out Elk County:Elk County Farm Bureau ScholarshipGloria V. Anderson Music ScholarshipHelene L. Bowley Memorial ScholarshipMichele Campbell Memorial Nursing ScholarshipPerry G. Klein Memorial ScholarshipRuth E. Reed Nursing ScholarshipThe following scholarships are available for students attending specific schools or from a particular community:
- Angie Bertolasio Memorial Scholarship
- Bev Hogan Memorial Nursing Scholarship fund
- Caribardi Family Scholarship
- Christopher Forster Memorial Scholarship fund
- Dean Schrecengost Scholarship
- Dr. John E. Schloder Scholarship Fund for Fine Arts
- Dr. Sandra Calkins Kowalski Scholarship Fund
- Frank Clark ScholarshipHasselman/Hopton Scholarship Fund
- Herbert B. Lenze Boys Basketball Scholarship
- Herbert B. Lenze Marching Band Scholarship
- Howard M. Keebler Scholarship
- Jacqueline M. Renaud National Honor Society Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Johnsonburg Alumni and Friends Scholarship
- Johnsonburg Rotary Club Alva K. Gregory Scholarship
- Joseph A. Williams Medical Scholarship
- Judge Vernon “Buddy” Roof Memorial Scholarship
- Lori De’Angelo Scholarship
- Martha C. Selle Scholarship
- Mary I. Filano Memorial Scholarship fund
- Nicholas Sinibaldi Music Scholarship Fund
- Pearl Llewellyn Memorial Nursing Scholarship
- Ridgway Rotary Scholarship
- Robert P. Martini Scholarship
- Sara K. Folino Memorial Art Scholarship
- Sashy & Gladys Kane Memorial Scholarship
- St. Marys Jaycees Scholarship
- Straub Brewery Scholarship
Applications for scholarships are available through guidance counselor offices at each of the participating high schools or by calling our office at 834-2125. All scholarships have specific requirements and are due soon to the school scholarship committee. The school committees will review the applications and will make their recommendations. The final decision then rests on the four members ECCF Scholarship Committee.
In addition to the dollars given though these scholarships, the Elk County Community Foundation is approved as a PATH Program organization. If a student is awarded a scholarship from the Community Foundation we will submit your name to AES/PHEAA for additional scholarship funding through PATH. To be eligible, the student must be enrolled in an approved Pennsylvania College or career school and be a State Grant recipient. This past year students who receive ECCF scholarships received a total of $27,000 addition funds. The Foundation is only one of 35 organizations in Pennsylvania that are partners with this program.
The Community Foundation also assists donors who have an interest in starting a scholarship fund, whether as a general purpose or in the memory of a deceased family member or friend. Interested parties are encouraged to contact the foundation for further information on the matter.